For more info: https://draxe.com/home-remedies-for-acne/
In this video, I break down the top foods you should be eating and supplements you should be taking to get rid of acne. I also cover the best face washes to use for clean, healthy skin and what foods you MUST get out of your diet immediately if you want to get rid of your acne.
Causes of Acne: -One of the leading causes of acne today is the buildup of bad bacteria, yeast, and candida in the gut and digestive tract. -Taking antibiotic drugs and birth control pills, drinking chlorinated and fluorinated water, and consuming excess sugar can increase the growth of bad bacteria, yeast, and candida within the body.
Secret 1 to Get Rid of Acne Naturally:
1. Remove: Sugar, which feeds yeast and candida. Also, reduce fruit intake. Replace with: Stevia, a calorie-free, sugar-free, all-natural sweetener. Raw Honey, a healthy, natural sweetener. Consume berries in moderation.
2. Remove: Grains, especially gluten, which causes inflammation of the intestinal tract. Healing the gut will clear the skin. Replace with: Gluten-free grains, such as coconut flour and almond flour.
3. Remove: Hydrogenated oils, which increase the amount of oils in the sebaceous glands of the skin. Replace with: Healthy fats, such as coconut oil.
Secret 2 to Get Rid of Acne Naturally:
1. High-Fiber Foods -Fiber helps to reduce bad bacteria and increase good bacteria (probiotics) in the gut -The best sources of fiber are: a. Sprouted Nuts and Seeds (flaxseeds, chia seeds, almonds) b. Vegetables
2. High-Quality Protein -Protein helps to balance blood sugar levels to rid acne. -The best sources of high-quality protein are: a. Organic Chicken and Turkey b. Grass-Fed Beef c. Wild-Caught Fish d. Organic Eggs e. Sprouted Brown Rice Protein
3. Healthy Fats -Coconut oil is the best oil to get rid of acne. -Coconut oil contains antimicrobial properties to kill off bad bacteria and fight off acne.
A great way to include healthy fiber, protein, and fat into your diet is by consuming a superfood shake for breakfast that includes: -coconut milk -sprouted flax or chia seeds -organic protein powder
Secret 3 to Get Rid of Acne Naturally:
1. Probiotics: -Probiotics kill off bad bacteria in the gut and help boost the immune system. -80% of the immune system is located in the gut. -Consume probiotic-rich foods, such as: a. Cultured Vegetables b. Kefir c. Yogurt d. Amasi -Look for 50 billion IU’s daily in a probiotic supplement.
2. Zinc: -Zinc helps to repair the gut lining and naturally boost the immune system. -Taking 50 mg of zinc per day is very effective in fighting acne.
3. Antioxidants: -Elderberry is the most effective antioxidant for reversing acne. -Try adding 1 tbsp. elderberry syrup or extract in your superfood smoothie.
Candida Cleanse: -Remove all sugar and grains from diet and consume foods high in probiotics and fiber.
Secret 4 to Get Rid of Acne Naturally: -Use an organic, tea tree oil face wash. -Tea tree oil is a natural essential oil that kills bad bacteria and moisturizes the skin. -Try this DIY Homemade Honey Face Wash for Clean Skin: https://draxe.com/homemade-honey-face-wash-clear-skin/
For more information on home remedies for acne, visit: https://draxe.com/home-remedies-for-acne/
*This content is strictly the opinion of Dr. Josh Axe, and is for informational and educational purposes only. It is not intended to provide medical advice or to take the place of medical advice or treatment from a personal physician. All viewers of this content are advised to consult their doctors or qualified health professionals regarding specific health questions. Neither Dr. Axe nor the publisher of this content takes responsibility for possible health consequences of any person or persons reading or following the information in this educational content. All viewers of this content, especially those taking prescription or over-the-counter medications, should consult their physicians before beginning any nutrition, supplement or lifestyle program.